- ARTICLE: “’Migrants’? ‘Refugees’? Terminology Is Contested, Powerful, and Evolving” by Rebecca Hamlin at Migration Information Source. HT @Robin Buller
- OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE: “Aliens in a Revolutionary World: Refugees, Migration Control and Subjecthood in the British Atlantic, 1790S–1820s” by Jan C. Jansen in Past & Present 255, Issue 1, May 2022.
- REPORT: “Pieces and Bits from the Past: Children’s Agency in Migration” held Dec. 2-3, 2021, organized by Friederike Kind-Kovács, Bettina Hitzer, (Hannah Arendt Institute for Totalitarianism Studies (HAIT), Dresden); Swen Steinberg, GHI Washington and Berkeley; Sheer Ganor, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis, report by Jonas Alexander Feldt.
- OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE: “Interwar Statistics, Colonial Demography, and the Making of the Twentieth-Century Refugee” by Anne Schult in the Journal of Global History 17, Issue 2, July 2022.
- UPCOMING CONFERENCE: “Räume in der Internationalen Geschichte: Von der Antike bis zur Gegenwart” at the John-F.-Kennedy-Institut für Nordamerikastudien, Freie Universität Berlin, September 29-30, 2022.
- BLOG POST: “A Motherland of Books: An Essay by Maria Bloshteyn” at Punctured Lines: Post-Soviet Literature in and outside the Former Soviet Union.
- BOOK: Postcolonial People: The Return from Africa and the Remaking of Portugal by Christoph Kalter (Cambridge UP, 2022).
- PROJECT: Ottoman Greeks of the United States, a project with archival collections, ongoing research, public presentations, publications, podcasts, and YouTube videos. (@OGUS1904_24)
Featured image: Greeks returning for war, Photo taken when Greek immigrants left New York City to return to their country and fight in the first Balkan War, which began in October 1912. Source: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division, Washington, DC, https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2014690708.