- Innovation through Migration: Senior Fellowships at the Pacific Regional Office of the GHI, UC Berkeley. Deadline: October 1, 2019.
- Visiting Fellowship to Lund, Sweden, 1–2 weeks. Next deadline: November 1, 2019.
- "Knowledge and Young Migrants," special issue of KNOW: A Journal on the Formation of Knowledge 3, no. 2 (Fall 2019), forthcoming.
Upcoming Event: "Migrant Knowledge, Early Modern and Beyond: An Event at the Crossroads," University of Cambridge, September 15–17, 2019.
Call for Papers: "Environments of Exile: Refugees, Nature, and Representations: Biennial Conference of the North American Society for Exile Studies," September 18–20, 2020. Proposal deadline: September 30, 2019.
Exhibition: "The Warmth of Other Suns: Stories of Global Displacement,", The Phillips Collection, Washington, DC, June 22 – September 22, 2019.
Recent Events: Almost all of the conference reports in the Spring 2019 issue of the Bulletin of the German Historical Institute (Washington, DC) relate to migration and knowledge.
Article: Sören Urbansky, "A Chinese Plague: Sinophobic Discourses in Vladivostok, San Francisco, and Singapore" in the same issue is not about migrant knowledge per se, but it has implications for past knowledge about three Chinese diasporic communities on the Pacific Rim.
Article: Uwe Lübken, "Histories of the Unprecedented: Climate Change, Environmental Transformations, and Displacement in the United States" by Uwe Lübken, Open Library of Humanities 5, no. 1, January 29, 2019, <http: //doi.org/10.16995/olh.347>.
Reference: Version 2.0 of Barbara Lüthi, "Migration and History," Docupedia-Zeitgeschichte July 6, 2018, includes a section on knowledge.
Call: Migration and Racism in the United States and Germany in the Twentieth Century
- Workshop, April 23–24, 2020, German Historical Institute Washington (GHI), Washington, DC
- CFP Deadline: June 15, 2019
Program: In Global Transit: Forced Migration of Jews and other Refugees (1940s–1960s)
- May 20–22, 2019, Pacific Regional Office of GHI Washington and the MAGNES Collection of Jewish Art and Life, both at the University of California, Berkeley
Crowdsourced Project: German Heritage in Letters
- Digital project to find and share historic German-American correspondence
- Managed by GHI Washington
Call for Summer School Applications: Challenging the Sites of Knowledge: Medial and Pluri-Medial Configurations and Transformations
- September 3–7, 2019, Graduate School of the Humanities, Universität Bern
- Deadline: April 30, 2019
Grant in Aid Awards for Immigration History Research Center Archives (IHRCA) at the University of Minnesota
- Deadline: June 1, 2019
Call for Papers: Extraction, Expropriation, Erasure? Knowledge Production in International Relations. Millenium: Journal of International Studies
- October 19–20, 2019, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Deadline: June 30, 2019